Players are expected to attend all practices and tournaments:
· Excused absence are family emergencies or illness
· Players are expected to communicate with coaches if unable to attend practice or tournament
· Be at bus barn for tournament travel at least 10 minutes prior to bus departure or you “might” be left
· 1st absence –suspended from next tournament
· 2nd absence—suspended from next 2 tournaments
· 3rd absence—dismissed from team
· Maintain a 2.0 GPA
· Be a positive role model in classroom
· Complete all school work prior to departure for golf tournaments and turn in make-up slips.
In School Suspension:
· 1st time= 1 tournament suspension
· 2nd time= Dismissal from team
Suspension from School:
· Dismissal from team
Golf Course Expectations:
· Collard shirt required and must be tucked in.
· Khaki slacks or shorts (Absolutely no Denim)
· Hats worn correctly (Hat bill forward).
· Use of golf carts during practices is not allowed! (unless otherwise authorized by coach!)
· No cell phones at practice or tournaments (THEY MUST NOT BE ON).
· No Jewelry (Earrings or any other piercing as this is against Montana State High School Association rules.)
· No throwing clubs, or use of profanity will be tolerated.
1st offense = verbal warning
2nd offense = 1 tournament suspension
3rd offense = dismissal from team
Qualifying For Varsity / JV and Tournament Play
· Qualifying for the Eagle golf team will happen the first two weeks of the season. We will qualify on August 11th at 2:00 PM playing 18 holes and 18 holes Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. (72 holes of qualifying will be played to determine the varsity for our first two meets of the season – Sidney & Glendive Triangular). We will then include scores from the Sidney Triangular and the Glendive Triangular. The 72 holes and the 36 hole scoring in golf meets will then determine the Varsity golf team for the rest of the year. The coaching staff may allow the 6th , 7th , and 8th man of the team to challenge the 5th man should scores from tournaments warrant a change on a weekly basis. This qualifying will happen with a 9 hole challenge match on Monday.
· This qualifying change will be to allow for make-up slips and homework to be finished at least one week before each meet. With the season only lasting 6 weeks it is important to work on each golfers ability during practice rather than focusing on qualifying on a weekly basis. Again, If I see one of our JV golfers playing exceptionally well during practice and a varsity player who is struggling in meets I will allow then next 3 (three) JV players to challenge up to the varsity for the week.
· The Varsity team competing at Divisionals and State will be made up of team members who have played in the most Varsity meets during the season which includes the first two of the season.
· Team uniforms will be issued at the start of the season for the low seven boys and low five girls. They must be turned in at the end of the season and are NOT the property of the golfers. Please let Coach know your sizes before season starts. JV golfers will be issued an Eagle golf shirt and if a bag wasn’t purchased then the team will provide previous year’s golf bag for their use during the season.
· Players who have pre-ordered golf bags will be required to pay $50 per golf bag. The golf team will pay for the other $60 of the team bag and the golf bag will remain the property of the player for the rest of the season.
· Cheating of any type during the season will not be tolerated. Players who are found to be cheating may be subject to dismissal from the team for any violation during the season
Lettering Requirements: Players must play in a minimum of 4 Varsity tournaments and finish the season in order to letter.
Tournament Schedule 2012 – Eagle Golf
o Friday August 17th Sidney Triangular 10:00AM JV/V Here
o Tuesday August 21st Glendive Triangular 10:00 AM JV/V 8:00 AM
o Friday August 24th Miles City Invitational 9:00 AM V 6:00 AM
o Friday August 31st Hardin Invitational 9:00 AM V 4:00 AM
o Friday Sept. 7th Glendive Invitational 9:00 AM V 7:00 AM
o Saturday Sept. 8th Sidney Invitational 9:00AM JV/V Here
o Varsity cut after Sidney Invitational (Only varsity competes after this date)
o Thursday Sept. 13th Billings Central Invitational 9:00 AM V 4:00 AM
o Friday Sept. 14th Laurel Invitational 9:00 AM V There
o Friday Sept. 21st Divisional @ Glendive 9:00 AM V 7:00 AM
o Thur-Sat Sept 27th – 29th State @ Ananconda V TBD
· Monday 3:45 – 6:00
· Tuesday 3:45 – 6:00
· Wednesday 3:45 – 5:30
· Thursday 3:45 – 5:00 (When not at meets)
· Friday Meets or Open Play (Coach must be present – No Practice)
· (On any day that the team is at a meet there will not be practice)
· August 11th Saturday 2:00 PM 18 hole (Qualifying)
· August 13th Monday 2:00 PM 18 Holes (Qualifying)
· August 14th Tuesday 2:00 PM 18 Holes (Qualifying)
· August 15th Wednesday 2:00 PM 18 Holes (Qualifying)
· August 16th Thursday 2:00 PM Swing Practice
· August 17th Friday 10:00 AM Sidney Triangular (Varsity & JV) – (Qualifying
round) (At course at 8 AM)
· August 20th Monday 2:00 PM Swing Practice
· August 21st Tuesday 10:00 Am Glendive Triangular (Varsity & JV) –
Qualifier for Miles City (Leave at 8 AM)
· August 22nd Wednesday 3:45 PM Swing Practice
· August 23rd Thursday 3:45 PM Swing Practice
· August 24th Friday 9:00 AM Miles City Invitational 9:00 AM (Leave at
6 AM) (Varsity only)
· Regular Practice Schedule from August 27th to end of Season