1. BACKPACKS: Your child will need a bookbag to carry his/her "school stuff" to and from school all year. Please label the bookbag with your child's name.
2. PENCIL BOXES: Each child needs to bring a pencil box and supplies to use in school. It is not necessary to purchase a scissor or ruler for your child to use in school. However, having pencils and crayons for home use is important!
3. "TAKE-HOME FOLDERS": Your child will receive a colored two-pocket folder. Please check the folder daily and remove notes, letters, papers, and homework. Please send any notes and homework to school in that folder.4. BIRTHDAYS: On your child's birthday (or near the date), he/she can brings treats for the class.5. MONEY: Anytime you send money to school, please take a moment to place it in an envelope labeled with your child's name and destination for the money. (Example : Joe Smith Book Fair Money) Following this procedure will reduce confusion and lost money incidents.
6. DISMISSAL: You must send in a note if your child is to be dismissed in a different manner than usual.
7. ABSENCES: If your child is absent from school, you must send in a written excuse or a phone call for the office files.
8. GYM CLASS: Please help your child choose comfortable clothing and tennis shoes on gym class days. Please see our daily schedule page or your child's folder for gym class days.9. SNACKS: For the first few months of school, I will have each child provide 20 non-perishable snacks until we get into the swing of school.10. VOLUNTEERS: Occassionally, we will need classroom volunteers for special projects and chaperoning field trips.11. BEDTIME ALREADY?: A great way to help your child feel and do his/her best in school is by setting a suggested 8:00-8:30 PM weekday bedtime. Children who come to school well-rested are more alert and ready to learn in First Grade!
12. CONTACTING YOU: Throughout the year, I will communicate with you through notes sent home with your child, conferences, and telephone calls.
13. CONTACTING MRS. WIEFERICH: If you have questions or concerns at anytime, please feel free to contact me on my email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will respond as soon as possible!