Jaywalking: Citizenship Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJlY9C7YWzI
Is Jaywalking Real, and Why Does it Matter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Url1HL6oExk
Justice Breyer on Civil Disourse (40 seconds in): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9AyWNErqY4_TmJxNkxsU21GT2M/view
Justice David Souter on Civic Knowledge (about 3:02 in); http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/perils-of-eroded-civic-knowledge-forewarned-790540867791?cid=sm_fb_maddow
Lost Generation Clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRG4ySdi_aE
Mr. F's Webpage on School Packet: https://www.sidney.k12.mt.us/site/default.aspx?PageType=14&DomainID=22&PageID=4236&ModuleInstanceID=5061&ViewID=9d7780dc-000e-458b-ba39-cfc84059b040&IsMoreExpandedView=True
Tuesday 09/03-Wednesday 09/04
Thursday 09/05-Friday 09/06
Monday 09/09- Tuesday 09/10
The Concept of Bicameralism Worksheet #1-3 and pg. 38 Chart #1-2
Homework Assignment/Exit Ticket:
1. Write down the Question
2. Write Down your Answer
3. Write Down Correct Answer
4. Write Down your Score
5. BONUS: Ask Parent(s) to take Quiz and record score
Homework Assignment: pg, 53 #11-13; pg 47 Chart
One School’s Fight: The Making of a Law Annenberg Video
Video Exit Ticket:
1. Video Notes
2. List and describe a government term, concept, or principle you already knew
3. List and describe a government term, concept, or principle you learned
4. Any Two of the Following: What Disturbed You?, Confused You?, Enlightened You?, or Interested You? (list AND Explain)
Win the White House icivics.org GameThursday 12/12+ 41:45-1:01:48Monday 12/16
Mandate: The President and the People Annenberg Video
1. List and describe a government term, concept, or principle you already knew?
2. List and describe a government term, concept, or principle you learned?
3. If you were writing Thursday's quiz andincluded a quiz question from this video, what would that question be?
4. Any Two of the Following: What Disturbed You?, Confused You?, Enlightened You?, or Interested You? (list AND Explain)Tuesday 12/17Fareed Zakaria fears American democracy could be in peril Video Clip
Executive Command icivics.org GameWednesday 12/18Thursday 12/19-Executive Branch QUIZFriday 12/20West Wing Video Season 3 Episode 10: Bartlett for AmericaMonday 01/06Friday 01/10A Conversation on the Constitution with Justices Stephen Breyer, Anthony Kennedy and Sandra Day O’Connor: Freedom of Speech Annenberg VideoExit Ticket:1. Video Notes2. 2 Questions (1 for Teacher, 1 for Classmates)3. 2-3 Government Concepts Or Anecdotes Learned (list and describe)4. Any Two of the Following: What Disturbed You?, Confused You?, Enlightened You?, or Interested You? (list and describe why you listed each)5. If you were creating a semester exam question from this video, what would you ask?