West Side Elementary
School annual order forms are going home with the students May 9th. They are $13 and you can order on line with this link: Annual orders or in the parent portal.
- May 9th is the 3rd Grade Spring musical performance "SCHOOL DAZE" at 2PM in our gym.
- May 10th 1st grade students are traveling to Makoshika Park. Buses leaving school at 8 AM and returning at 3 PM.
- May 13th 3rd grade students traveling to Fort Union & Buford. Buses leaving school at 8 AM and returning at 3 PM.
- May 14th 2nd grade students traveling to Fort Union & Buford. Buses leaving school at 8 AM and returning at 3 PM.
- May 16th Preschool last day of classes and program in Music Room 9:30 for morning class and 1:30 for the afternoon class.
- May 17th Richland County Cleanup day. Classes will be walking through the parks and walking path helping. Parents please make sure your child is properly dressed for this outside activities!
- May 24th last day of school, NOON DISMISSAL. No lunch served today
Attendance Works! Help Your Child Succeed in School!
DID YOU KNOW?
• Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
• Missing 10 percent (or about 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read.
• Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two days every few weeks.
• Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
• Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school—and themselves. Start building this habit in preschool so they learn right away that going to school on time, every day is important. Good attendance will help children do well in high school, college, and at work.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
• Set a regular bed time and morning routine.
• Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
• Find out what day school starts and make sure your child has the required shots.
• Introduce your child to her teachers and classmates before school starts to help her transition.
• Don’t let your child stay home unless she is truly sick. Keep in mind complaints of a stomach ache or headache can be a sign of anxiety and not a reason to stay home.
• If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, school counselors, or other parents for advice on how to make her feel comfortable and excited about learning.
• Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, a neighbor, or another parent.
• Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session.
For more on school readiness, visit attendanceworks.org and reachoutandread.org
West Side School is participating in the Friends of Reynolds fundraising program. When you purchase groceries tell the clerk before they start to scan your purchases that you are supporting West Side School (account 1080) and a % of the sale will come back to our school. Membership cards were given to the parents at conference night, if you would like a card, stop by West Side Office to get one!
Grades 1 - 3 and Preschool1100 5th St SW Sidney, MT 59270Phone: (406)433-2530 Fax: (406)433-9186 .Office Hours are 7AM -4PM .
School begins at 8 AM and dismissed at 3:05 (2:00 dismissal on Wednesdays)
Welcome to 2018. We are serving breakfast! Serving time is 7:40 AM. The charge is $1.25 and will be run through your family lunch account. If your child qualified for reduced meals the charge is .30, and if your child qualified for free meals, the breakfast is free.
Expectations: Be Safe; Be Responsible, Be Respectful; Be a Learner
New students to the district are asked to bring their
Birth Certificate, Shot Record, and phone number of the school previously attended.