My family and I feel privileged to be a part of the Sidney community. I have held this position since the 2015-16 school year and am grateful to my supervisor, Thom Barnhart, and the work of all the administrators and staff in establishing such a quality educational environment here in the Sidney Public School system. I am excited and challenged by my job in coordinating Title I services here. My goals in the coming years will be to:
1. Help develop a strong, positive Family and Community Engagement (FACE) connection
2. Supervise, assist, and empower an effective and productive Title I program
3. Enable and oversee capable and qualified Title I staff and activity
4. Promote innovation and the appropriate use of technology within the Title I program as well as district-wide
5. Continue to strive to be an asset within the district and an advocate for children, education and the Sidney community
*Little known fact: I was born on the island of Guam. My parents were teachers there, yet within no more than 9 months, Montana became my home.
* Grew up in Cut Bank, Montana, graduated in 1991, and participated in many extra-curricular and community activities.
* Went to college at Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota where I studied (vocal) Music and was a member of the various choirs there (more notably I was privileged to be a member of the '93-'94 Concert Choir under the direction of Rene Clausen)
* Spent several years working as a Youth Ministry Director, Camp Counselor, and Adult Mentor/Supervisor here in Montana and in Washington
* Began my teaching career in Montana in 2007, having graduated from the University of Montana - Western in Dillon, Montana
* Completed a Master's of Education in Curriculum and Instruction in 2013 (from the University of Montana - Missoula, Go Griz!)
* Began as Title I Coordinator here in Sidney in the 2015-16 school year
* Married to my wife, Marla, since 2009 - she is also a teacher, lived in Italy as a little girl, then Michigan, southeastern Wisconsin, going to college in Indiana (Grace College) before moving to Montana.
* We are blessed to have two children:
- Gunnar, our 5-year old son
- Kiersta, our wonderful little 1-year old daughter
* My mother lives in Missoula, Montana (in Hellgate Canyon). My father still works and lives in Helena, Montana. And, finally, my brother and his family live basically in Denver, Colorado where he has a high level position as an engineer in a high-speed tech communications company.